View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #943
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
Well that doesn't look right. Is Porterbuilt going to send you replacements?
I haven't contacted them yet. I've been making inquiry's from others on how theirs worked, if they encountered similar issues, & getting some legit real user feedback.

I forced the driver side upper together so I could just do the physical mock-up. I staged the pass side upper just for pics to show a buddy which confirmed both upper arms if installed 'as is' will be in a bind. Two people I discussed the topic with (both owners of PB Delrin bushed arms) said there were assembly struggles & that the arms were hard to pivot but that everything worked out ok w/full vehicle weight.

We have a thing in my group that's a regular TAG line for me: "ScotLuck". I'll be the one crossing fingers that "everything works ok" & won't get the same positive result. Or.... I expect more out of the sum total of parts I research & decide to use. I suppose when things don't work it makes me a PITA in situations like this (because of my expectations). My thoughts are that a quality Delrin bushed a-arm should be bind-free & easily pivot (not pivot like it's on needle bearings but pivot smoothly w/o any serious bind). After assembling the lower arm, installing it, & seeing/feeling how easily it pivots..... it TELLS me the uppers definitely are not alike.

I've always had a good relationship w/Mr. P. so I'll get my ducks in a row & go from there. I'm going to disassemble the drivers side & get some measurements. I'm thinking maybe some tweaking in the hydraulic press can possibly align things better. Once I have some dimensions, I'll reach out to Nate & see what he thinks the best approach is for a positive outcome.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote