View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #20
ray_mcavoy

Re: 66 cluster/gauges questions before reinstalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Thanks for the tip on the fuses to protect the ammeter purchase Ill be making. I have an American Autowire wiring harness kit that replaces the old stuff. I dont know if they have made any correction to the problem but I will look into it. I can give them a call.
AAW offers a few different harnesses. Their OEM restoration harnesses are direct copies of the originals and probably won't include the fuses. And I don't think their Classic Update kits even support the factory ammeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I found the piece that connects to the gauge and extended just out of the firewall. I bet the other portion was tossed. I removed this so long ago I forgot it wasn't an all in one line like the replacement I bought.
Yeah, that looks like it should work for testing purposes. Although the fitting on the far end of that line looks a bit different than the union that I've seen on most of the factory 2-piece oil lines so I'm not entirely sure what type of thread you'll need to adapt that over to your air regulator. The threads on the regulator are likely NPT (probably 1/4").
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote