View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:31 PM   #946
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Had a second set of eyes look @ the arms today for his thoughts. My co-worker has a machinist background so after I explained my issue/concern the first thing he did was grab a straight edge he uses on equipment @ the plant & checked alignment between the 2 bushing housings. They are not aligned. It does appear one end pulled away as a result of heat.

We then did some measuring on a 'special' machined-flat ceramic/granite block they use just for measuring. Shim stock indicated .115"; dial gauge was a little higher @ .131". The shim stock was slid under @ the center of the barrel; the dial gauge was close to the outer edge so the variance makes sense.

I also brought another set of C10 upper arms (from a different manufacturer) that utilize Delrin bushings to compare pivot resistance @ the shaft for both sets. He agrees there is definite bind from misalignment.

He confirmed we can probably tweak the arms so alignment is better between the 2 bushing barrels/housings. But, since tweaking them could also possibly damage them (doubtful but possible), I e-mailed PB to get their thoughts before I do anything.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote