View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 05:13 AM   #89
Killer Bee

Re: The rare "Red Seat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtr65 View Post
No one does that I am aware of. Just as a quick note. If buying fabric from SMS in Oregon, be careful.
I posted about my saga with Doug several times.. ran me ragged over a year sending a bunch of his repops, some multiple times at months apart waiting for him to make it until I finally got the correct cloth which appears to be oem that he sent on my sample request at the beginning

nevermind bothering to tell me while I'm waiting 1-2 months in between each run that he isn't actually remaking the exact pattern but something close.. no, I'm being told "this run is what you're waiting for" as if I didn't have an actual piece they sent me in response to the first sample I sent them.. what a joke..

thank heaven I did finally get just enough to finish this.. my dad's truck I learned how to drive in.. that original fabric was important to me but my plees fell on deaf ears.. nothing but excuses and lies while I was humble and polite still hoping it would eventually arrive..

I think he's a shyster and dishonest and thank goodness I won't ever want any seat fabric that bad again to go through that.. but he must do well enough for some folks to stay in business so good luck if you try them..

then yards of this crap

and finally almost two years later my local upholsterer made a fantastic seat for me