Thread: Heavily bored
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #13
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Heavily bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
I'll be the one to break out of the pack, since here in Canada a minivan does not carry the same stigma it does in the US it seems. Yeah, its seen as a family mobile but it is also seen as a hauler, work van, etc. But, have you driven an express similarily? You are talking about two different families of vehicles here, especially if an urban setting is where you find yourself often. Mini van will have more parking garage options, an express, not so much. I'm not anti-express van, I drive one nearly everyday as a work vehicle. But saying you like the mini-van for going on your adventures and saying you'll go for an express van raises a red flag to me as the driving experience is two very different things.
I drive a E250 daily for my job as a hvac tech job, and the newer Express leaves it behind. In terms of the engine/transmission after 2010, and suspension dynamics especially on the street. Plus with windows, and a slightly lowered stance it will be easier on the longer trips. Honestly I find them somewhat easier to drive then a Burb, and those things litter the ground.

The garage is a no go parking zone as that is where I keep my 69 Camaro, and tools. Plus fabrication cart.

I don't go to urban settings, and actively avoid them in my personal time. Luckily I live in the suburbs, and have enough space.

The last "Mini Van" that would survive what I would do was the Astro. Unfortunately that thing got the same mpg if not slightly less as most full size vans after the LS engines were introduced. Plus with the Express i can still tow which is a feature I use several times a year. Or even just being able to yank cars out of the dirt because they got stuck.

Would I get a mini van. Well yes I would if my life lined up with one much better. As of yet I am not remarried, and only have the one son. With prospects that I want to get with harder to find then the lost ark of the covenant. I will do things that make me happy, and worry about finding a woman in its own time.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote