View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #966
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

The spindles were not as bad as the upper a-arm shafts.

I was able to easily polish out the hubs w/Red Scotch-Brite material. The hub threads were hit w/sand but they didn't feel excessively rough (like the threads on the a-arm shafts). Being such a critical area, I opted to try the castle nuts & see how far they would thread w/some special cutting paste. They threaded on w/o much fuss using the cutting paste & now easily thread on/off w/finger-tip effort. I chased the caliper bracket holes for each & all is good there as well.

Driver side spindle is installed w/the caliper bracket. I purchased new rotors 10yrs ago when this chassis was started. They were painted but the pad surfaces that didn't get paint have surface rust so I'm going to D/A them before installing. The calipers are also new-but-old. I cleaned them up back then of casting flash, D/A'd them smooth, & they got some low gloss black. I might replace them though w/the Wilwood D52 part based on the idle timeline.

Plan is to start on the pass side by end of week if I have the shocks (they indicated they were ready to ship today).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote