View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #430
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
should be, but be aware that a fully compressed one side and a fully released other side may make a difference too. not that it would ever happen, just precautionary. in the end the cables need room to breath and not get stretched or rub on other moving parts like springs, shocks etc. it is why some manufacturers take the cables and follow the suspension track bar or leaf spring up to it's pivot point on the frame before heading their separate ways. that way the cables can't get stretched by moving independently of the suspension parts.
Thx.
The part that confuses me on the setup (original) in post #412 and in the link you sent.

If you pull on the single main cable ....... it pulls the wire through the sheething on the drivers side. I dont see what mecahnism allows it to "pull" on the passenger side ....... as its sliding in an out of the sheething of the drivers side.

Hard to explain ........ they are linked together ........ but because it slides within the sheething ...... it never pulls on the passenger side. Obviously in real life it does - but I couldn't get that setup to work.... not sure whta it was missing.