View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #177
AcampoDave

Re: "Sweet Pea" 1975 Cheyenne 20

Yeah, my dad got those in order to convert from 16.5" to 16 " and radial tires. It's the second paint job.
My family bought it used in the late 70's with a massive cab over camper ready to go. He and my mom took my kid brother and I on a road trip from California to Iowa visiting all the stops along the way...Grand canyon, Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, etc... I think we even did it again later and after that it went camping all over California. He and my mom continued using it well after us boys had grown.
The original camper was ruined one day by a distracted driver so they got a 5th wheel and later changed that to a smaller modern cab over. Eventually the camper was sold and the truck saw light duty use as a secondary vehicle. My dad is 82 now and this year we sold the truck with 76,000 original miles on the clock. The 454 still ran great and the Turbo 400 was rebuilt a bit back. I thought about keeping it but lacked the space and the thing seriously drank the gasoline compared to my little half tons. We sold it to a fellow truck enthusiast who was going to change it just enough to make it his own and enjoy it with his young family. You know.... a bittersweet goodbye to an old friend.

Last edited by AcampoDave; 06-26-2020 at 06:26 PM.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote