View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #7
CSHADES

Re: 1955 cameo 3 speed column shift

thanks for the replies. The truck belongs to a friend/customer of mine so I am going to go get from him and look at it. I put a crate motor in the truck in the winter of 2018/19, along with new mounts and all the related/required parts. this problem started after he drove the truck about 500 miles, we were at the back to the 50s and the bushings at the column failed and the shifter jammed. I didn't know how this style shifter worked and I couldn't find any bushings at the show so he had it towed back home. I took the shifter apart when I got back, cleaned it and bought bushings from jim carter. he drove the truck a few times and it was sticking in gear and not shifting. I pulled the shift box off again and sent it to carters for a rebuild. when it came back I put it on and drove it, seemed good until I gave it back to him. I pulled the top off when I got it back from carters and I cant really see that they did anything to it besides different grease. I had white lithum in it when I sent it. it had some other grease in it when I got it back but they didn't even clean all of the white grease out of it. I read through the links you guys posted and I think I am going to try shims and look at the forks a bit more. I will post when I figure out more of what is going on.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote