View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #2220
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Sorry for bringing up old stuff, but it seems like you weren't too concerned about paint in the threads or fluid passages. Did that work out well for you? I'm getting ready to paint my engine so I thought I'd ask. Also, what was your prep process before you painted the valve cover adapters? Thanks for the info - really enjoying your build!
No worries and thanks for checking in. I wasn’t super concerned, but you could stuff some paper in the holes or carefully tape them off. I did have rags in the intake ports and covered any areas that I thought might get paint into oil passages. Personal preference really, can’t hurt to be overly cautious. I like to run a tap into all of the holes I’m using, too, especially with an *ahem* gently used engine.

Valve cover adapters I simply sanded and used a self etching primer to help the paint stick to the aluminum.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 07-11-2020 at 01:52 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote