View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #1038
Rookiebuilder

Re: Tbi swap build thread

It's been a few years on this particular reply so we'll see if I get a reply

I'm working on a '67 C10 small window, short bed, fleet side truck. I dropped '93 5.7 TBI w/ 4l80e that came from a G3500 Vandura (it was free). The engine and tranny have been rebuilt to stock specs. I also have the fuse block, bulkhead connector, wiring harness and VSS buffer from the van and am using them. The only thing I using from the ’67 C10 is the original i/p cluster connector (12 pins).

Now I'm stuck and looking for some wiring help specific to my '67 Instrument Panel (I/P) Cluster Connector (12 pins) (the '93 I/P Cluster has 18 pins). The guy I bought the truck from already converted the I/P cluster connector to a gauge cluster when he has his Stroker 383 in it.

I do have the '93 electrical diagram and diagnosis manual (It's great) but the main problem I’m getting confused on is i/p cluster is NOT 12 pins (it’s 18) so it throws me all off. I’m stuck now wondering I shouldn’t have changed the fuse block and bulkhead connector.

I was told I should get a standalone harness to run the engine and tranny so I’m looking at doing that real soon; however, that does not fix my problem of figuring out where or how to wire some of the other wires. I have follow the wiring diagram for a V8 that’s floating around on the forum but I’m still not sure with the following wires go FROM the i/p cluster connector to the different parts (ie., Fuse Block, Engine, Ignition etc). Again, I have seen the 67-72 wiring diagrams but they don’t’ seem go to the same locations on my fuse block and I’m wondering if that’s because it’s a TBI.
• Temperature Gauge (20 Dark Green)
• Fuel Gauge (20 Tan)
• Fuel Gauge Fee (20 Pink)
• Brake Warning Lmp (20 Tan)
• Alternator (Black/Brwn)
• Terminal by Battery

I feel like if there was an adapter from a 12 pin to an 18 pin i/p cluster connector (and a few gauges changes to mechanical to electrical) I’d be in a lot better place. I’m sorry for rambling and I’d appreciate any help you might be able to provide. After all, there's a reason my login is Rookiebuilder.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

Eric
Rookiebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote