Thread: 55.2-59 Electric Fan to Manuel Fan
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
joedoh

Re: Electric Fan to Manuel Fan

and just how does manuel feel about being installed under your hood to turn your fan on and off?

sorry, poor humor, not helping.

what WILL help is telling you that you can easily add a small switch to the trigger lead of your relay. find the pin that goes to your temp switch, it will be a small gauge wire on pin 85 or 86 (it could be either). verify that it is ground triggered by looking at the temp switch, the switch will be probably grounded in the block and have a single wire coming from it. if it has two wires it might be 12v+ triggered so I will discuss that in a minute.

assuming ground trigger, wire a small switch with one wire going to ground and the other wire tapped into this wire on the relay. done. now when you turn the switch on it thinks the temp switch is triggering the relay and the fan turns on.

if you have a 12v+ triggered fan, everything is the same except the wire to the switch will need to be a fused 12v+.

do NOT use the heavy gauge wire that runs directly to the fan, that will be pin 87 or 30 on your relay. neither of those!

I recommend using a momentary push switch you have to hold down, because it will force you to fix the problem by having you hold the button as long as its needed instead of turning on a switch and forgetting it

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote