View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #291
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Time for an update.

I daily drove the truck for a couple of months, before the weather got too hot. Totally enjoyed it, and it performed flawlessly.

AC is still not done, that got put on the back burner with all the 'rona. I just need the under dash unit, a line set, and the bracket for the compressor, and I can finish it...maybe this Winter when I'm bored. ICT Billet just released a new tight fit compressor 7176 compressor bracket that might clean up my install.

One Saturday I had the Camaro out and noticed it had a puff of smoke when rev'd up. Decided the rings needed some attention, so I threw a can of Kreen in it and all is well, decided the '49 could stand for a cleaning as well. This product amazes me how well it scrubs the inside of an engine! Anyways, back to the story...I was changing the oil in the '49 this weekend and had it back up in the air idling, looking for leaks. Well it was profusely leaking fuel down the back passenger side of the block! Turns out the hose end AN fitting on the fuel rail crossover had sprung a leak. I'm glad it happened on the lift and not going down the road!!! New chunk of hose, and all is well with the world again.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote