Thread: AR WTB Suburban Doors
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #15
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: WTB Suburban Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Reno, do you have any idea what is needed to make the switch from tailgate to barn doors? It may not be as easy as I thought.
Larry,
It is easier to switch from tail gate to barn than the other way around. All the slots for either setup are there from the factory for the hinges except for the lower sill. Your main difference is in the lower sill. Barn doors will work fine with a tailgate sill, you just have to fill in the holes where the gate hinges went thru. The barn door lower sill does not have the recess and slots for the tailgate hinges. your catches that bolt to the body that keep the gate and hatch closed are the same as the ones for the barn doors, just relocate them to the upper and lower sills as needed.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote