View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 05:50 AM   #15
OKGMC4

Re: Anyone rolling on Vision 143 Torque wheels?

Know it’s been a while but thought I’d share a finding for anyone considering these...well, ya see here these wheels look mighty fine but tha front wheels do need a quarta inch spacer to fit all flat and proper on that there hub. So then mah second problem was that them there lug studs was just a hair too short ta be useful on account a only allowing the nuts ta thread on about 2 turns or so. Now, mah truck has 1/2-20 studs since the discs are off a mid 80’s c10. Ah found Dorman studs 610-080 to be a good fit and just long enough ta let me tighten the nuts all snug and what not without fearin for mah life by way of the wheels dislocatin themselves at a high rate of speed, thereby possibly causin my mortal end. Mah 3rd problem was that when shovin the wheels on, the center caps was a just poppin off like they was possessed by evil spirits. Now, I ain’t none too superstitious and realized that the wheel bearin cap was the culprit and not no spirits. I knowed that Vision had them some spinner style caps and ah reasoned that they looked deeper than the flat caps, and might fix ma issue without whangin and bangin on that there new wheel cap with a hammer, which seems a real unnatural thing ta do to brand spanking new parts. Ah tried it and wouldn’t ya know it worked out all good like!...If I had known the spinner caps fit better I would have ordered that style in the first place. It would have saved me some cash. But, live and learn. Hopefully this might help someone in the future.
Attached Images

69 long bed Chevy turned 67 gmc jimmy roadster:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851167

Last edited by OKGMC4; 08-24-2020 at 07:52 AM.
OKGMC4 is offline   Reply With Quote