View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #13
shifty
Questionable

Re: WTH is up with Paypal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
That's just Bezos and that trying to get in on the action. Shut down all everything, shut down the small business, the common household, hobbyist like myself.

Paypal and I are currently in new rules mode. They say they have to do it because of regulations, blah blah blah. Now a message reads "suspicious activity". There's a link that reads we want even more info., but nothing populates, and their assistant feature unattended. Unreal.
I moved to Venmo because I primarily do personal transactions, but I use it for person-to-person sales all the time, especially between board members and with vintage audio/bikes I rehab or restore. No fees. They're happy just holding your money for you and making a little residual while holding onto it. PayPal got greedy and bloated just like eBay.

Unfortunately Venmo hasn't integrated as well as PayPal and I think PayPal will keep it that way after they acquired Braintree, who acquired Venmo before that. I guess PayPal saw it coming, Venmo had the potential to give them a run for their money (sorry for the pun), so ... don't want competition? Buy your competitor. Another joy of capitalism.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote