View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #4
67C10Step

Re: My 1965 High Bug....

Super cool!

Reminds me of a teenage story. Flash back a few years to about 1983 or 84. I am 14-15 years old and one of my buddies has a mid 60's Bug that has a baja type setup. Engine hanging out the back, exhaust straight up, you know classic baja bug.

There was this hill that all the guys in their jacked up trucks tried to climb because it was pretty steep and overlooked the "hangout" parking lot. Problem was the tight ditch at the bottom gave even regular cab trucks issues.

So, if you and imagine a couple of knuckle head teenagers wheel into the hangout one Saturday afternoon in this bug and my buddy spies about half a dozen jacked up trucks on the top of the hill that must have came up the easy road on the backside. He gets this look in his eyes and I just grabbed on. You know it, down in that ditch we went hell bent for leather and when we hit the top of the hill that bug cleared all four tires and we landed right in the middle of all those trucks. To add insult to injury, my buddy did at least two quick donuts to kick up a cloud of dust and down the backside we went. Man, I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep my eyes open.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote