View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 03:31 PM   #1021
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

A couple of pics w/the G-body spec end-link set-up loosely in position to get a visual. My main concern is link alignment between the bar & a-arm mounts. That's where using this bar & the Addco/PB bar on my dually both failed. Misalignment killed the poly bushings quickly.

Obviously I could move the a-arm mount position to accommodate different bars but since they're already PC'd I'd prefer to not have to.

I purchased these end links in 2016 while trying to sort through the Dually issues knowing if they didn't work for that app I could use them on a G-body since they have a way of crossing my path.

You can see in the images where the link falls to the outer edge of the current bracket placement. While still not perfectly 'plumb', they're much closer vs trying to use the standard bushings @ bar > spacer < bushings @ a-arm mount arrangement. I'll keep studying it to decide if I simply drill the vertical portion of the current brackets & utilize a spacer/bearing assembly or trim/tweak the current mount as needed for something that attaches. Doing something that attaches also allows tweaking the placement for a 'plumb' alignment.

This is where loosely putting things together helps for me. I see it & start the 'what-if' process in my head. I keep looking @ it daily until I get ideas to try & see what might work (or what won't work). It's the approach I take that works w/the limited fabricating tools/skills I have.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote