View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #11
SCOTI

Re: A 2-link question-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
This truck won't be a road racer, but will have upgraded brakes (3/4 ton calipers and 2 1/2" drums) and big swaybars in urethane at each corner. Approximately 5/7 drop. I'm more of a Cannonball type of guy, but I do enjoy me some mountain/hilly roads.

Mainly looking for the better ride, ride height adjustability, and lack of axle wrap that T/A's provide.

Not arguing, just thinking through- Is not a leaf setup also a parallel 2-link by virtue of a more or less solid connection at the front hanger to the rear?

A lot of the big diesel guys use ladder bars to fight rotation in the leaves, which is nominally the same thing?

Also, this would also be panharded side/side.

Intention is to use the stock 67-72 T/A length, and move the front hangers forward, which would effectively lengthen the T/A's a tad by pulling them to perpendicular to the rearend, then mount the shocks off the end of the T/A's like the NO Limit kit, and notch the frame and do a long Panhard set level at ride height.

Then again, I might just get lazy and flip kit it and be done.

Thanks for the responses, just food for thought.
You can make a suspension w/them as you described but it won't work (articulate) the way you desire 'as-is' for canyon/hilly drives. You could do a spherical bearing @ the front mounts for some ability to rotate.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote