Thread: The Essence...
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: The Essence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Those Monty hood ornaments seem to have found their way to a lot of trucks back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Oh, so it is one of these.
Attachment 1991348
https://www.jegs.com/i/Trim+Parts/216/1620/10002/-1

In the video is it not really clear. But your experienced eye knew what it was. That does look nice on a restored truck. I would need a pitted and corroded one for my truck. For 1969 it may not look as nice with the bowtie right there under it on the hood. It looks nice on 1972 truck since the bowtie is lower and on the grill.
I have one I bought from Chevy for a '71 many years (decades) ago. But I decided to leave the truck alone, maybe use it on another. I had a '70 and didn't think it would look right, with already having a bowie on the hood as well as Chevrolet across the grille. How many times do you want to see Chevrolet in one place? For me it would be too busy. I realized the trucks I saw these on, and liked, were 71/72s. Maybe a 67/68 CST with no letters on the hood would look good.

I brought this thread back to take a look at other "Essence of Chevy" SWB trucks, meaning all about Chevy but not necessarily original. It seemed about 30 or so years ago this was a thing I saw and liked. A gentleman's truck, only personalized not customized. Things like '73-up bedrails, the kind with woodgrain. Maybe a Monte Carlo emblem or cross flags engine badge. Maybe a tonneau cover, dual chrome exhaust tips, vent visors, or bumper guards... comfort grip steering wheel. Cheyenne Super or at least all the trim. 8" rallyes or PO1s with narrow whitewalls. Maybe, and just maybe, lowered a bit but usually not. Oh yeah, and often they'd have knock-offs/spinners on the center caps. It's still refreshing for me, even more these days, to see a "nice enough" truck like this. A style that is timeless, otherwise known as classic
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote