Thread: The Essence...
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: The Essence...

The white one above is C/10 perfection. Just plain old white with everything that came on it, nothing more. These truck were done right the first time!
Name:  fl0117-269076_1@2x.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  53.6 KB

Ok, actually, this truck does have interior alterations. Not 100% original, but just the type of treatment I'm talking about here. The "essence" has been retained, in fact enhanced. Like what GM coulda or shoulda done. I believe the front is dropped a tad. But the interior is the big change. It is red, the tilt column is white (my truck would be red), and it has a red Comfort Grip steering wheel. This is the exact truck I set out to build in '04 on a basic '72 SWB I had. I had the 402/TH400 and it was going to be white with red interior. I was going to do the inside of the bed red also, like a '55 Cameo. I still have the 8" steelies that I had powder coated red to use PO1s with and have Diamondback make me a set of wide 70 series with 3/8" whitewalls. I was going to leave the lower trim off and have only upper trim with red accent. No woodgrain in the interior either. I was picturing the '55 Cameo and a white with red interior '62 Impala SS. I found the lowered and rebuilt rolling SWB chassis I have and decided to sell the '72 as it was and use the OEM rustfree sheet metal I had in my parts stash and do a '67 mild custom. TX Fireman came along with his white SWB with red interior (I think) and I didn't want to make something too similar. Plus, I have so many trucks in my head, but can't possibly do them all. I still really do hope I can get it together to do a gentleman's "essence of Chevy" C/10, though. Possibly a longbed. Who knows???

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-25-2020 at 10:56 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote