View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
truckster

EZ Wiring Harness Help Needed

I have an EZ Wiring harness I'm installing in my 72 Blazer. I've installed a 5.7 Vortec complete with the serpentine system from a 98 Silverado, which means I'm running a 100 amp alternator.

The question I have is about two red wires, one marked Solenoid Power and the other marked Alt Power. The Solenoid Power wire is a heavier gauge, and I believe it draws power from the battery terminal on the solenoid to feed the fuse panel. I believe the other one is the charging wire. The wiring diagram for a 72 shows power coming from the alternator being split, with one wire going to the fuse block and the other going to the battery.

My concern is that the alternator wire in the kit is not heavy enough for a 100 amp alternator. So should I just run a bypass wire from the alternator to the battery, or is there a better way to wire it?

And I know some of you are saying, "Why didn't you just buy AAW?" The cost was a fraction of the price of the AAW kit, and after all the money I've spent trying to get this thing back on the road... it just seemed like a lot.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me.