View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:58 AM   #2788
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

My utility trailer has removeable sides. I worked up some soaked heavy oak at a friend's place and loaded it up. I got about two miles and realized a trailer tire went flat... cold wet dreary night. The sidewall was sliced through at the tread all the way around. Back it up to a year or so earlier and that fender had fatigued at the welds that mounted it, so I bolted it to the expanded steel side until I put new fenders on, which are sitting in the shed. Worked out well until this day. The sides are held down on each side by a rubber Jeep hood latch near the front. Hit a pothole and the rear of the side can pop up out of it's pocket. That must be how it was when I loaded it, so the side was bulged and the trailer was squatted from the weight... max load. The bolt head went to work on that tire as soon as the trailer started moving. So there you have it. Perfectly good, almost new, tire and wheel ruined.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote