View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 11:22 PM   #2793
davischevy

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
The oil field is no different. A couple years ago on a Saturday evening we had a tweaker short out the solenoids on the locked electric gate and break into one of the back lots at our main headquarters. All non employee assigned company vehicles are supposed to be inside the shop locked up tight. Well said tweaker found the 06 K3500 parked outside the bay door with the keys in it... no one even noticed it was missing for close to a week. It had a gps on it so they were able to recover. Nothing was missing, and according to the gps it had just been Baja’d out in the desert for the time it was missing. I actually bought that truck from the company a few years ago. My father in law still has it. Of course the first thing I did when I bought it was change the locks because said tweaker still had a fob and key for it. We never did find out who left it out there with the keys in it.
My son in law, Scot, and I passed by one of our material storage bullpens 100 miles east of here yesterday and the telehandler was parked outside the gate. Actually, it was parked across the gate because the new gate was incomplete. The machine did not have the key in it. I was impressed.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote