View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 02:11 AM   #21
americanmusc1e

Re: 49 Chevy Power Wagon 3/4ton hauler build

I guess it's time for an update! I haven't done much of anything on the 49 since July-ish. I've been working on shop space and general homesteading things. My wife and I are in the process of trying to build a tiny house on our 4 acres in the country and sell our house in town. The problem is, our land is undeveloped and heavily wooded. The first task was cutting a road through about 250 yards of trees. Now I'm working on clearing the land.

Then came the homestead projects.

First I bought a fourwheeler from a friend who was selling it for $300. It's a little Arctic Cat 250 and has come in quite handy once I got it running right.

Then I needed a tractor to build a road. We've been saving a lot to do our house/septic/carport with cash and I didn't want to blow it all on a $20k+ tractor. So I found this beauty of an unknown front end loader for $2600 on marketplace. Turns out the motor was locked up so I brought it home for $1500. The locked up motor turned out to be a frozen starter and I had the little 38hp gas motor purring in two weekends. The tractor has steadily been getting upgrades. A battery, some new hydraulic hoses, filters, oil, electronic ignition, and now I'm fixing the 3-point. It's not a bad little workhorse. Turns out it's a late 1960's Case Industrial loader.

The current plan is to get the half-acre homestead site cleared and then build a carport where I can store my C10 and the motors, transmissions and axles that are taking up space in my garage. Then I can bring the 49 to my current house and work on it there until we move and then hopefully soon after we'll start on my dream shop. I've already started doing a few misc things to the C10 and the C2500 in preparation. I have plenty of time to work at my house after dark since it gets dark so early.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote