View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 11:48 AM   #20
Boog
laying low

Re: Ever get tired of putting logs on the fire

It's about what you grew up with I guess. I was raised in the city and don't apologize for that. We had a natural gas space heater when I was a kid and remember so well standing in front of it before jumping into bed and waking up to a cold cold floor in the mornings. The earliest home I can remember had a floor furnace in the center of the house. Yep, I sleepily walked across it barefoot, once, and burned the grid into my feet.
We never had a home with a fire place. They look nice but I never had the desire to do the wood work to have one. Actually I get tired of the smoke and smell of a camp fire over a weekend's time so I'm sure I wouldn't like to have that every day at home. But that's just my take on it.
My folks bought a nice home with a fireplace 20+ years ago. Dad wouldn't use it and did not like the smell with his recliner parked right next to it even though they scrubbed the fireplace real good trying to remove that smell. He put in a gas log and was tickled as he could be with that. He said he carried enough firewood when he was a kid, no more.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote