View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
SCOTI

Re: 18x10 backspacing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70sbchevy View Post
Thanks SCOTI and SkidmoreGarage. I did some measuring on my truck and on the rear axle, from the factory drum brake mounting face to the other drum brake mounting face, it measures 64". Now I ordered some axles from Moser and they measured 31" to the outer flange (they asked for a year and not a measurement). Curious if those were the correct axles...

Good call on the section widths, I'm not too much of a fan of the stretched look either so I might play around with the tire size up front.

Main thing is I'm just trying to make sure the rears fit within the fender wells (and from yall it sounds like it should). I think if I bump up to an 18x9 I'll get at 5in backspace.
The drum brake 67-70's look good w/the old factory 6-lug 4x4 Ralleys on the front & rear. They are 15x8 w/4"BS. So some 9" wheels w/5"BS out back would maintain that spacing. The fronts would get pushed out thus usually wanting additional back-spacing.

The issue might be finding wheels @ a budget friendly price-point that have the back-spacing/offset desired. It's harder than it seems for anything beyond the Average Joe.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote