View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 08:53 AM   #665
Jackson's Dad 64 C10

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Sad but true. Are we all done finding survivors out there?
Another member recently posted a shot of this beaut in the "ugly snout" thread. post # 213. https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=563978&page=9
I was hoping he'd help this thread along with some fresh content for the all-original crowd. C'mon pal, we need you! Lol.
I just noticed this thread... I posted the pic on the ugly snout thread. It's my father in law's truck. I'm out of town for work through Sunday (2 week trip, ugh), but I'll snap some more pics next week and post. That truck - 1961 Apache - was my father in law's dads (wife's GF). He bought it new, and kept it. After my wife's GF passed a few years ago, my father in law got it. The paint is original, as is the interior, except for a repro rubber floor mat. The only think that I'm aware of that's not factory original to the truck is a trailer hitch and a hand clutch. My father in law lost his left leg above the knee in a tractor accident in the early 80's. He's had a prosthetic leg since. When he inherited the truck, he had a local guy fab a hand clutch so that he could drive the truck. It's basically a handle that connects to the clutch pedal so that you can pull down and depress the clutch. It used a couple of existing underdash holes, and bolts above the pedal pad, so it is removable and does not interfere with normal operation for us two-footed people. I'll snap a pic of that too, because it's kind of cool!
Jackson's Dad 64 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote