View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 07:51 PM   #687
SCOTI

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
There is...but they are going to fix it when I send it back. They didn't want me to have to wait for it to be sent back to them then repaired and sent back to me. My truck is my daily driver, so when my truck is down I have no ride...so I appreciate that they realized that and took care of me.

I was told they are going to take it and use it as a learning tool for their refurbished tech guys...since I bought refurbished, this should not have happened...shouldn't happen with a new one either, but stuff happens...it just depends what kind of customer service the company has...so far so good.
Gothcha. My line of thinking was:
  • They tell you what they think it is
  • Provide a p/n for the O-ring you can source locally
  • You R&R it
  • You move forward if that corrects it
  • They compensate you on a future deal if necessary

Stuff happens & them taking care of it like they are is great but not being able to service it like an OE injector can be serviced would be a concern from my perspective.
Not that injector O-rings randomly fail frequently but when it happens, I'd rather be able to repair it quickly.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote