Thread: New Neighbors
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #5
1976gmc20

Re: New Neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
I wonder how long it takes an Amish family to drill a well.
They apparently had a professional "English" well driller out her to look at it, so it will be done with modern equipment. Funny, they won't drive (or have a drivers license) but they will hire "the English" to taxi them around when needed. There was some guy in a big van that brought them out here yesterday.

The "lunatic A-hole" had an outfit out here drilling a couple years ago. Apparently they went down 100' and didn't hit water and that was the end of it. I don't know if the new folks are going to have that well drilled deeper? Unless you're right in the crick bottom you have to go pretty deep to hit water around here, and sometimes not at all. Our well is 300' but the water came up to 50-60 feet from the surface after they hit the aquifer. You could almost siphon it down into the coulee.

The "lunatic A-hole" was real nice when he first bought the place. He and his brother stopped by to meet me and we chatted for a couple hours. We called them the "Georgia Boys" Jolly old Rednecks, my kind of people. Then I guess he started taking pills for his back and got addicted and started pulling stunts to get more pills. He had a bunch of dogs and would let them run loose even when he (apparently) went to town for several weeks at a time to stay with his brother. That's when the trouble started but it was like six years after I shot one of the dogs and we hadn't talked to him all that time that he stopped me out on the road when I was on horseback and threatened to kill me. (I think I told that whole story on the old "neighbors" thread a while ago.)

It's really pretty sad but still he's been a real detriment to an otherwise nice little community so I don't have much sympathy. I don't think he has any bodies buried up there, but I don't know about the other place behind us because of the now long gone guy that owned it when we moved out here One of my daughters used to have a cadaver dog and I always wanted to have her check out the place. There's a nice young couple back there right now, but we've told them that if they ever want to sell that we will be first in line to buy it!
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote