View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
RustyPile

Re: Anti-Window Rattle Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
I bought a window seal kit (GMCPauls) and I am having a bear of a time with the Window rattle kit (chrome trimmed). The best that I can tell the bottom window grove as it comes up it can't get over the new Anti-Window Rattle Seals. This is on top of these things were two long and I had to trim them.

What am I missing here? At this point I am reverting to the old outer seal and the new inner is still giving me fits - I have to push the window out with my palm of my hand, near the triangle to get it over the new seal.
When you removed the old seals, it's possible you bent the lips of the door opening in toward each other, thus closing the gap.. Also, it's possible you don't have the seal clips fully seated in the hole..

Question: Why did you have to trim the seals. You do know that there are left and right side to those seals, don't you???. I recently replaced all the rubber parts, channels, and regulators on my '71.. Not to sound like I'm trashing GMCPauls, but I got everything from Classic Industries and all the parts fit perfectly, no trimming needed..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote