View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #2125
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

I got to meet a forum member in my area, Bones72Super. Actually, it was more than just meeting him, he popped over and mig welded my lower glass channel thingy that decided to fall off when I was working on the door seals this last weekend. Apparently this channel had been repaired before, as Bones72Super pointed out non-factory mig welds! I am telling you, his weld job isn't coming undone. I am pretty sure that weld would survive me being T-Boned at 50 MPH (let's hope that never happens, knock on wood).

Now my Driver's door is all together, with all the seals!

Passenger's door Anti-Rattle belts are next (a re-do). I got the Precision Replacement Parts seal kit (from GMCPauls). The quality is really top notch but I had problems with the length. I ended up reaching out to Precision and they are REALLY stand up guys, I spoke in length with Jeff via email and on the phone. He totally gave me the benefit of the doubt and is sending me a new Anti-Rattle kit (free). I would not think twice recommend them. Though don't do like me and start plugging these belts in door clasp slots without measure for fit first. Once you get a few snaps into the door, good luck getting them out so you can reuse them (or rather NOT reuse them)! Anyways, I say I am 90% at fault. Ignorance isn't an excuse.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote