Thread: Jesses' 48 PU
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 10:45 PM   #494
Jesse49chevy

Re: Jesses' 48 PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
thanks for the reviews on tawain latches vs altmans!

i am backwards, I have had lots of beautifully and expensively painted trucks. I have to make garage space for them and make sure everyone who walks by them is careful of swinging bags and keys and leashes. when I go to the store I have to be "that guy" who parks way out away from the store front doors and there are always the people who ironically park around me as kind of a "oh this guy thinks he is something special, we will show him". And thats if I drive it at all, it was always a dance reading and re reading the weather potentials.

so about 15 years ago I stopped worrying about what it looked like on the outside and spend my energy and time on making trucks modern and fun. if it got caught out in a rain there wouldnt be any frantic washing and wiping and waxing, it could stay on the corner of my gravel driveway for months even in the winter and blazing summer when before I would be worried about all the potential damage to the paint. If i need to pick up mulch or a bed it still functioned as a truck. comfy and quiet inside, suitable for front door parking outside. who cares about door dings or character marks from carts.
I agree with you, I want to enjoy the truck.. if I ever finish it.. lol
But again to each its own, I dont knock anyone for their choices on how to fix their ride.
Honestly, I kinda wish I would have gone with a solid color as this patina look is not cheap. Think about it, I bought three different base coats, and a flat clear. If you know anything about paint.. do the math...
I appreciate the support and advise... good, bad or indifferent..its all welcomed....

Check out my project:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559086
Jesse49chevy is offline   Reply With Quote