View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #2492
SCOTI

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
I am a mechanic by trade, and about 98% of shops have a machine that vacuums the system down, and charges it. Most machines have the capacity to recover the refrigerant from the lines for servicing purposes also. The nice thing about using a machine like this rather then some gauges and 12 oz cans, is I have much more control over how much refrigerant goes in the lines. A custom application like a vintage air, can sometimes use a little more, or a little less then the standard charge amount for optimal function of the A/C system. So that control of adding refrigerant, helps to fine tune your system for optimal performance. At least easier to get there anyways. (r134 is very particular about the charge amount)

Many compressors say they come with a certain amount of oil in them from the factory, but I never believe it. I have had many come over or under filled with oil. So I always drain them, and fill them with the property amount of oil. That way I am 100% sure they have the proper amount of oil.

Gringo and all the guys helping him, you guys have some talent! I love watching the progress and updates continue on this truck!
To expand on this.... Is there a 'source' to verify how much oil a certain compressor should contain? Is it a standard set by the vehicle manufacturer or part manufacturer?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote