View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 04:15 PM   #15
SidsChopShop

Re: Anyone running the new Tremec TKX 5 speed?

I installed a TKO600 in my daily driver '66 last December and it has been flawless. I had my choice of either the new TKX or one of the last TKO's as they were being phased out for the newer trans. I ultimately picked the TKO because of two reasons. The first being the known history and durability of them versus the new model trans and at the time, TKX wasn't compatible with the mid-shift position since I was keeping my bench seat.

Since my truck was a factory 3 speed, I used the original GM cast iron bell housing and mechanical clutch linkage but made my own trans crossmember for the tail to rest on. It was a very straight forward and simple install.
For specs my trans has 2.87 first gear and .64 overdrive. 4:11 rear end with 28.5" tall tires. It'll cruise all day 1900 rpm at 70 mph

So far the TKO has 10,000 miles on it (yes true daily driver) and also drove this years Hot Rod Power Tour. It has been nothing but flawless and well worth the cost. I don't see how the TKX wouldn't be any different.
SidsChopShop is offline   Reply With Quote