View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
conoco

Re: New Gear Vendors Controller Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJStucker View Post
I finally installed the new unit last night, but I have not had a chance to drive it yet. Of course it’s a completely different wiring harness, so I had to do some surgery to replace it. GV originally suggested I do exactly what you have done, but I really do like the automatic features the controller offers. Apparently enough folks complained, so they partnered up with MSD. When I spoke to GV, the issues they had reported to them were very centric to people who run MSD ignition boxes. Obviously not surprising because of the frequencies it generates, but that’s typically easy to filter out in modern electronics. I don’t think GV has changed their controller in 30 years.
Yeah I really wasn't to keen on not having the auto feature. I understand why they advised I disconnect it, but I made a label and put it on my dash that says don't use over drive in 4x4. I think I can manage to turn it off in the winter when I am not using it! Let me know how you like yours. I am excited to get mine on the road after I put my new seats in.