Thread: Paint vs stain
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 09:28 PM   #13
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Paint vs stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The best part is you never worked up a sweat! It's the fingers that get me. Otherwise, I love working outside on a cold day. It's looking good, taking shape.

One place the T1-11 fails is over openings and z-flashing. Whether you are using T1-11 in the gables or switch to horizontal siding, I suggest you pad out the framing the thickness of the T1-11 and let the gable siding lap over the top of the wall siding. If you do just tack on top of the other siding, using z-flashing, I suggest leaving a good 3/4" up off the flashing and getting that bottom edge seriously coated. I'd go ahead and pre-prime and paint that and catch the backside up a good 3-4" at least. That's even a good idea if you lap it over. Those edges are like a wick for moisture
Thanks for the tips!
I’m no carpenter, I swing a hammer most days at my regular job but, climbing up and down my ladders the last few days is kicking my butt.
When the weather turns nice I may take the scooter out on solo vacation.
I’ve got a buddy that is a dealership tech that is going to throw an eyeball on it this spring. Last fall he replace the forks seals. I think I want to get some riding in this year.
I got most of the shed kilzed and built some steps. (I still don’t understand that Pythagorean theorem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Looks good Scott. There is plenty of daylight if you are retired...

My fingers get cold quick also. I figured it was the old age. If you young whippersnappers have trouble too I don't feel so bad....

I like a lot of overhang on my building roofs so I go a little overboard on it once in a while. My big building doesn't have hardly any overhang and it really bothers me. One thing about it, it doesn't catch the wind as bad that way. Keep up the good work.

LockDoc
I have been ponder the overhang situation. I may build them about a foot deep.
It’s been windy here lately and I don’t want my shed to take off flying and land on a witch out in the cornfield.

On another not I’ve been wondering if I should slap some collar ties on the rafters. I don’t know if it’s good insurance or even necessary.
I put the tarps on we have wind, rain and snow in the forecast.
I forgot to take a picture after I got the tarp on.
I’m really wanting to cut the openings for the widow and doors.
I figure by waiting it’ll help keep things dry.
Attached Images