View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 09:06 AM   #5
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 69 Suburban convert to automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I think he is going the opposite way you are thinking Richard. From manual to automatic.

LockDoc
yep totally read it the opposite for some reason.

you would need to change flywheel to flex plate, transmission & torque converter of your choice. New transmission lines to go to radiator that is equipped for the lines or install an external cooler. Will have to remove manual cross member and install one for automatic. If planning to run a floor shifter it will make it easier, otherwise you would need a new auto column along with all the shift linkage. Driveshaft most likely have to be changed as well. Can remove the clutch pedal and arm without having to replace the entire clutch/ brake assembly.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote