View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 10:51 AM   #1462
special-K
Special Order

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Thanks. Maybe I made the right decision then . The whole idea with the wheels and caps is a retro look and that's how they were on the 73-87s. The charcoal idea was to go with the grille since the original scheme had too many colors going, white body, charcoal grille, black flares, and argent wheels. I also didn't want too much matchy matchy by painting the flares white or charcoal. This was the only change from stock is the wheels and they are what was stock with the hubcaps.

I may buy a '94 K2500 Suburban Silverado. That is also white with blue interior. Being a Silverado it has white flares. I'd keep the argent on those wheels. I won't repeat the steelie/caps look. I always wanted to do one of these 8-luggers with 7" D-hole steel wheels painted argent and use the stock center caps and beauty rings for a look that might look like a factory option...ish. Kind of like those 8-lug Ford steel wheels that came after the steelies. I was considering painting the wheels back to argent but decided white would look good with the white body

I did like the look of the Accurides/caps in argent on my '92 K3500. That truck was less busy with colors being solid green with black flares. Very traditional truck colors, and the argent wheels kept with the stock wheel color
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote