View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 07:26 AM   #7
jasinger01

Re: Power Disc Brake Master Cylinder Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
The 1/2T booster is easy to come by.
My friend with a 72 3/4T had a heck of the time finding a replacement 3/4T booster when his failed. I am mentioning this as it is likely you could change from the 3/4T to the 1/2T and possible break even or even make a few $.
Good point - if I just sell this one and find a 1/2 ton I'm in the same spot. I had read the below link that made it seem feasible, but I don't really want to start a science project and have it be a pain to find replacement parts in the future.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223436

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantPutTheSmokeBack View Post
Yeah the rod from the back of the pedal is different between the two boosters. I have a C30 but I believe it was a chassis cab originally. It has the flatter C10 style booster, and when I went to install a new one I got the same one you have. The rod from the pedal is shorter. I believe you can actually get the rod on, but the brake pedal is on the floor by the time it's all said and done. No worky.
Thanks - I hadn't thought about the geometry on the back of the booster to the pedal, I'll measure to confirm but that is yet another reason to go with designated c10 parts..
jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote