View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 08:44 AM   #7
hemi43

Re: 72 Blazer Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckkoo View Post
I did a search and read through 134 forum posts on the topic and haven't seen anyone running Chevy rims post 2000.

I believe that there is a local machine shop that might be able to bore the center out, however as mentioned there may be a clearance issue.
When I was restoring my Blazer, I used 2003 steel rims to be able to roll the chassis around the shop. I had to torch the centers larger for them to fit.

Caliper clearance should not be an issue with your stock 1972 brakes. Your truck came from the factory with 15" rims and disc brakes with no clearance issues. Regardless, they haven't used a 15" rim in decades, so any rim post 2000 should fit as long as you have a large enough center hole.
I'm running late model rotors and 4 piston calipers on my truck with 15" factory rally rims. It took quite a bit of engineering, but I got everything to fit.

As far as getting a machine shop to make the hole larger, you may find out that most machine shops won't do it due to liability. I won't machine anything for a customer if it's safety related unless it's for racing only. It's just not worth the risk. Even if you found someone to do it, by the time you pay for their service, you will be better to purchase new rims. IMO, a late model OEM rim looks like crap on older vehicles.

Last edited by hemi43; 04-29-2022 at 08:53 AM.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote