View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 06:22 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Dog dish hubcaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
I have a set original blue bowties painted caps and I purchased a set of SS yellow bowties last year . The only difference is the center section on the the later models are concave as apposed to convexed on the blue bowtie caps. They still fit but are different.
i prefer the 73-75 GMC caps better on my 8-luggers. Not only because they are stainless or because I think the concave looks better than convex. On GMCs the 69-72s the convex center is painted black, on 73-75s it isn't painted at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I like your truck as is. If you ever run out of room I could probably clear a spot in my driveway for it.
Sorry Paul, I have more room than ever these days. My son has one vehicle and I have three total, including the '67 project. I used to have nine or more sitting here. I don't know how they all fit. This county allows us one unregistered vehicle, and a major part of a vehicle counts as one. That could be a chassis, a cab, or probably just a bed. For the first time since I've lived here I am finally legal. I have a cab that counts as the unregistered, but maybe not since it's under cover

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote