Thread: 55.2-59 seat decision?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 09:46 AM   #5
dsraven

Re: seat decision?

i have seen several with the 88-98 chevy truck split bench seats that have the head rests removed. that allows the seat to be placed more towards the rear without being at a crazy steep angle that soon becomes uncomfortable. this short fore to aft space is the reason I went with a cab extension so I could fit a modern high back bucket seat in there and have lots of room in front and behind the seat as well as have a seat belt integrated into the seat rather than a home made shoulder belt attachment point in the skinny body area behind the door. I have a big back window cab so that area is not very big for a seat belt mount. a lot of the comfort built into a seat comes from the ability to adjust the seat angles, height and lumbar support to fit your likings. if you go with a basic seat you really need to set it up on the floor of your shop, at the height it would be off the floor in the truck, and spend some time sitting in it and adjusting the height and angle till you find that sweet spot. then copy that when you install it in the truck. if you redo a seat it may not feel the same after due to spring and foam changes, just a heads up.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote