View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 11:47 AM   #8
nsiti

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Thanks Nick...it's cool that you selected the Pro Flo 4 as well (even if there is a back-order issue). My mechanic buddy was glad that I chose a fuel rail type system...but there are trade-offs with any system one chooses. You are correct that your EFI tank and in-line pump eliminates your need for the sump system...I wanted to keep my dealer installed 45 gallon tank without cutting into it, so I went with the fuel sump kit. Not being anything close to an "authority" on the subject, I hope I don't regret my decisions!

A/C wise...I'm still in a quandary over how to proceed, but I did give Old Air Products a lot of thought during my research...and will be very interested to hear about your results!

Woody
Hi Woody,

Thanks for you reply, especially about the sump system, which I wasn't familiar with. Keeping your big tank makes good sense. I went ahead and purchased an Aero Tank 40 and had them set it up for EFI with an in-tank pump. I really hope gas prices head back down soon, lol !

I researched all the AC companies, and I would agree that Classic Air is solid. I believe I passed on their system because of the modern dash controls and price. I'll definitely report back when my AC gets installed, unfortunately it will be a long time from now as I'm planning to restore the Suburban over the next 1-2 years.

If you remember, please update us when your Pro-Flo 4 ships. I'm curious to see how Edelbrock handles backorders.

Cheers,
Nick
nsiti is offline   Reply With Quote