View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 03:25 PM   #15
CC69Rat

Re: Is this intake trash? Price is too good to be true it feels like

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenminutes View Post
Chad- will you fault me if I copy cat? If not, can you link me to those injector brackets? I like how they sit above the valve cover and it allows me a lot more variety of valve covers.

I agree, if I change anything it'll be for an LS2 intake. Glad I posted, this really brought that home for me!
Naa man! I'd be honored if you did. I appreciate the compliments. The valve covers I used are from Proform. If you Google Proform LS Slant Edge valve covers they'll come up. Summit has them. They come in all sorts of colors, with or without the logo, etc. They are pretty cool, I'd buy them again for sure. The coil brackets are specific to this valve cover design. It just kinda cleans up the coils and how they sit on the valve cover. You will need longer plug wires, the factory ones won't reach. I have some MSD Steetfire coils on the way, it should work out.. (hopefully) .. but just be sure they'll work with whatever coils you plan to run. The D581 coils wont fit the LS3/LS7 style coil brackets, or the LS1 / LS6 style. Ask me how I know..

The brackets I have are setup for the LS1 / LS6 spacing and I will need to modify them slightly.

I just wanted something that looked kinda stock, clean and on somewhat of a budget. I was going with an LSXR but I just couldn't find one in stock. I'm pretty happy with the LS2 style though. The fuel rail is setup for a return already too, so that's a plus for a C10 (as far as I've read) I'm still researching as I go. This is my first LS build.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote