View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #6
tutone

Re: That wonderful sound.

Around the year 2000, I had the privilige of sitting around the campfire with an 88 year old man with a group of deer hunters.One of my good friend's grandfather. As the tales ensued, he relayed a story of one of his best friends and himself on a deer hunting expedition in Missouri in his friends one week old 1972 chevy C10. Wendall said it was unusually warm for that time of year and this new truck had AC. First time he had rode in one with that. Anyway as they traveled to the farm that evening, Wendal said he got out and opened the gate and closed it as they entered the field. There was a buck and a doe standing out in the open a couple hundred yards like statues. His friend grabbed his fancy scoped rifle from inside the pickup and sneaked out to rest on the driver's side hood to take a shot. The deer were on the other side of the truck. Wendal remained seated in the passenger side while the fellow took aim and fired.
The deer both trotted off unsure of the noise. He couldn't believe he missed until further investigation revealed a hole in the hood on both sides of the raised crease down the center. Wendal said from that day forward he smiled every time he saw a 72 and laughed at his late friend all over again.
Of course I wasn't there , but I smile when I remember Wendal and his new truck story. I'm sure the owner was embarrased and sick at the same time.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote