View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #140
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

I mounted the rear bumper, and the spare tire. That saved me from having to move them. I drove the truck for the first time in 2 ½ years. Doors bungee secured, plastic removed from the windows, and backing carefully without rear view mirrors. I walked the car tent to the new location. At first I was going to dismantle it and then re-assemble, but decided it would be easier to scoot one leg at a time. In the new location I wanted more room, so I made a vestibule on the side and added a zipper door there. I had enough parts from my older car tent, but none of the connectors. I welded the corners. For the last year and a half the project has been in the road in front of my place. My goal was to get the truck running so I could move it onto my property before my summer vacation. After the move, I topped off the fluids in the truck again. Next trip to the hardware store will be for an exhaust vent pipe so I can run the truck in the tent. I need to get the engine up to temp and figure the high idle. I’m looking at building an ALDL interface since none of the gauges are connected and no trouble light to get codes from at this point. Last night I started a new list of things to do. I really need to focus on fixing the roof on my house, but I just can’t leave this project alone. In other news, my family vacation spot got washed out in a flood last week in Montana. My vacation plans are shot, there’s no access with the road gone. It may be a year before I finish the truck and it may be longer before the road is remade. I do know that I will be driving this truck the next time I go there on vacation. There is currently plans to helicopter folks in to mitigate the new river flow away from their places. I may or may not take part in that.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500

Last edited by Second Series; 06-24-2022 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Change picture
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote