View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 01:30 PM   #3402
slomotion
Old Duffer

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Thank you all!

It wasn't all that long ago (it seems) that I was all around, over, and under a vehicle doing all sorts of things, but time has changed what I'm capable of (or willing) to do. Having to give up the heavy things I liked to do as a hobby, I had to turn to something less physical.
I've always built models, but until the last few years they were all static. Once I started building the radio control ships and boats a whole new world opened to me where I can participate and keep active ~ even if it is at a less intense pace.
There are kits that are beautiful when built, but wanting to remain a half step out of the main stream I've been scratch building my boats as they can be any subject and to my own liking without any premise to represent a particular subject.
This tug is the latest effort. It's 1:18 scale, (5/8" = 1 foot), 55" long, and 61 lbs fully ballasted. The deck house is removable and the hull gets launched, the ballast goes in, then the deckhouse re-installed. It has lights, smoke, sound, and some custom details that I've included just to add some interest.
(I do still have the dually and use it regularly! )
Attached Images

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote