View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 05:50 PM   #5
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Parts started coming in the mail and first thing was the rear flip kit. I have front drop spindles, rear shock extenders and rear shocks also on the way but they will be here this weekend.

I couldn't wait so last night I busted out the rear flip kit and went to work on it. I will add the shock extenders and the shocks as soon as they come in but for now I wanted to get started.

A couple things I noticed and did on the rear flip. Alot of people have how to's and what not so I won't get into all of that but here's some notes:

1. I left the wheels and rear shocks on when I did the swap. I figured doing it this way would help brace the rear axle and it definitely helped me out. I simply raised the truck by the rear bumper, removed the leaf springs and swapped them under the axle, bolted them back on and then attached them to the axle with the u bolts. I liked doing it that way and would do it again.
2. I did have to remove the wheels today when I went back and cut out the bump stops though. (Initially tried using a sawzall but in the end getting under there with a cutoff wheel to the rivets was the best and fastest way)

Now when the new shocks and shock extensions come in I just have to remove the shocks and bolt everything on to finish the rear.

Fo those curious my plan for the front is new shocks, front drop spindles and removing one coil from the factory springs. Then alignment. This should net the perfect stance and improve the ride from the shocks that are beat now.

Also hoping it helps the look of the wheels.

Here's some shots from the rear flip.

Next is the front drop, brake MC and more wire cleanup. Also going to try and clean up underneath a bit as well.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote