View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 02:06 PM   #3059
dieseldawg142

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

cleaning up a few minor things on the kid's 'bird
came home the other day and i could feel the heat pouring off the fr dr brake.
orig 31 yr old caliper seized up. new calipers, pads and rotors, with a run back to the parts store for a defective new caliper...
Name:  IMG_0054 (2).jpg
Views: 263
Size:  52.7 KB

just for looks....some stainless exhaust tips
Name:  IMG_0056.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  70.6 KB

and like Boogs ordeal, 3rd times a charm for some hatch struts. no one local had hatch struts for a 31 yr old car so went online. first set advertised for 82-92 camaro/firebird hatch struts. got my money back, but they wanted me to eat the shipping and a 15% restock fee, they said i ordered the wrong ones. i sent them a screenshot of the ad stating for the hatch, what i got was a set for the hood. so they refunded my money for the struts, but not the shipping, but told me i could "dispose" of the old struts....naw, for $14 i got a spare set of struts if the hood ones ever fail. here's what they sent me...seems to be a little short
Name:  IMG_9870 (2).jpg
Views: 259
Size:  37.8 KB

second attempt ordered some from amazon. they took my money and made me wait 2 weeks, then out of the blue emailed me saying they were refunding my money (?) which they did.
3rd attempt at getting struts was finally a success. prob one of the better things we done to the 'bird, that friggin' hatch is HEAVY!
no more broom handle...
Name:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  64.8 KBName:  IMG_0057.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  67.7 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote